A few weeks back, on our first APRS show Kenneth Finnegan (W6KWF) helped explain the APRS Protocol. Since that time, we’ve asked for and received a number of listener questions. In this episode of the Ham Radio 360 Podcast we delve into those questions to further understand this ‘thing’ called APRS!
Paths? What do they mean, and What do I use?
- My APRS won’t show on aprs.fi when using my 5w HT?
- Why won’t my APRS messaging work?
- RF Gate, I-Gate or both? 3rd Party Traffic Questions. SMSGTE
- Is APRS used on other bands? 30m Robust Packet
- Why does APRS only use the 144.390 frequency?
- How do I digipeat through the ISS?
- Can I use APRS to monitor my off-grid cabin conditions?
- What is the Next Generation of APRS-can it be like ADS-B?
- How is APRS developed? Is it developed?
- What is the architecture of APRS-IS?
- What are the uses of APRS that aren’t GPS tracking?
- Why do all APRS websites suck?
- Where’s the documentation?
- Faraday RF, is it operational with APRS?
- APRS Etiquette, am I doing it right?
- Whats up with the 200+ symbols for things on the map?
- What is the Local Freq Initiative? Does it work?
- Object Beacons for the Local Freq Initiative?
- K4CDN-5 Digipeater/I-Gate.
- When to set-up an I-Gate/Digipeater?
- Hardware recommendations?
- How the K4CDN-5 digi changed APRS
Thanks for listening and contributing to show #73, we hope you enjoyed this episode!