Ham Radio Micro-controllers & Linux
*Listener Review of this show added to bottom of page
A long time coming; Jeremy and George gather this time through to discuss Micro-Controllers and Linux for the Ham Radio Operator!
Cale is away, so you know it’s gonna be a good show with the guys! Listen in as they describe all the different types of Micro-Controllers, Software and Hardware, Things to avoid and how to get the most from the Makers ‘best friend’!
Don’t miss out on the Giveaways!
Raspberry PI: http://www.raspberrypi.org/
- K3NG Ultimate CW Keyer – http://blog.radioartisan.com/arduino-cw-keyer/ (He also has a CW Beacon controller, rotator controller, etc)
- KK5JY Controller to remotely or automatically tune a mag loop antenna ala AlexLoop, etc – http://www.kk5jy.net/AutoCap-v1/
- Antenna Analyzers w/ Arduino and cheap DDS boards from K6BEZ – http://www.hamstack.com/hs_projects/k6bez_antenna_analyzer.pdf, or from Jim Harvey: https://github.com/jmharvey1/DDS_AD9850_AntennaAnalyzer
Low powered digital mode using SI chip: http://hackaday.com/2015/09/13/arduino-masters-ham-radio-digital-modeHamshield for Arduino: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/749835103/hamshield-for-arduino-vhf-uhf-transceiverUsing Arduino / Raspberry PI in High Altitude Balloons and Model Rocketry – http://makezine.com/projects/near-space-balloon-cam-with-arduino-and-aprs-radio/
- Remote kit running FLDigi for portable digital ops – http://indyham.com/news/rasperry-pi-simple-install-script-for-fldigi-includes-rigcontrol-compiled/
- Host for Digital Hotspot (DVAP, DVMega, DV4Mini, DVRPTRv1,MoenComm, etc –http://www.westerndstar.co.uk/html/downloads.html, http://maryland-dstar.org/html/raspiberry.html , http://www.dvmega.auria.nl/,
- APRS Software – YAAC – http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html and Xastir http://xastir.org/index.php/Main_Page
- TNC for your PI – http://tnc-x.com/TNCPi.htm
- OpenRepeater Controller – https://openrepeater.com/
- PC Repeater Controller – Jonathan Naylor – https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/pcrepeatercontroller/info
- ADSB Flight Tracking – https://uk.flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/
- Raspberry PI SDR – https://learn.adafruit.com/freq-show-raspberry-pi-rtl-sdr-scanner
- Other Project – G0HWC – http://www.g0hwc.com/raspberry-pi-ham-radio.html
Make Magazine: http://makezine.com/
Linux in the Ham Shack Podcast: http://lhspodcast.info/
Python Training Video: https://youtu.be/tKTZoB2Vjuk
Participate in Winter Field Day! January 30-31
Thanks for Listening Y’all!
Title: Episode 43 is tremendous!
Reviewer name: cb_abq
Date: January 13, 2016
Comment: Well done gentlemen! That is the most information delivered about microcontroller and embedded Linux systems related to ham radio, and other applications, that I have heard in any podcast, ever. This is great information to enable anyone, whether an EE, or just an interested consumer to build a project based on either of these closely related technologies. KJ6VU and KF7IJZ are really well informed and articulate on all things ham. Fantastic!