Forum

Tarheel antenna upgrade  

RSS

JNU
 JNU
06/11/2016 8:15 pm  

While messing with my screwdriver and working with an RF engineer I was inspired to add a capacity hat to the radiating element. I will document my project here. It may or may not work, but that doesn't mean I won't try it. 

K4CDN/Cale liked
ReplyQuote
K4CDN/Cale
Eminent Member
10/11/2016 9:53 pm  

have you killed it yet?

Learning

ReplyQuote
N5FRY
08/12/2016 3:39 pm  

I also have a Tarhill and would be interested in your findings. Hope all goes well!

ReplyQuote
JNU
 JNU
11/12/2016 12:24 pm  

Well I need to get it pulled off and sent back to tar heel for some warranty work. Nothing on them but just FYI the 200 watt spec is only SSB lol

ReplyQuote
LulaNord
15/03/2017 11:21 am  

Hi...i am a new user here. I've been thinking about upgrading antennas on my suv. I currently have a LT II and it works very well. I'm just looking at a few larger antennas. So I have a few questions I'm hoping people can help me answer. My first question is can I use a Tarheel 100 on a breedlove ball and plate mount? I notice that just about everyone that runs a Tarheel 100 uses the mounting bracket that Tarheel sells. I don't really have any place for that on my suv and I hate the look of it. I'm hoping the breedlove mount can support this larger antenna. I really like my breedlove mount and don't want to get rid of it. Second question is, on a breedlove mount where does the shunt coil go for matching? Once again, most people use the tarheel mount which makes it very clear where to put the coil.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register