EA2HW
19/04/2017 12:36 pm  

I have build the project, all OK! The Arduino is a Deal Extreme

My PC runs on Windows 10 64 bit

I have installed the Sparkfun boards in the Arduino IDE

I have charged the last firmware

The display running OK!,

The change bands also run,

The mode not run, push and not change any mode, I not find documentation.

The scan run but the frequency is static, the SWR mesure are no logic 

Now, I can not connect with PC via USB because the dirver is lost!

I can not install the new driver.

May be the USB port 3?

Thanks for the help, and sorry my english.

73, Enio, EA2HW

ReplyQuote
EA2HW
21/04/2017 5:29 am  

Manual Installation

Sparfunk.inf

Error

Message: "The specified folder does not contain any software drivers compatible with the device"

My questions:

If the driver is not compatible, why recommend another Arduino that is not Spark Fun?

Why did you charge the plug and play controller the first time?

What is the solution ?, Change the Arduino for a new Spark Fun?

Any help, thank you very much.

ReplyQuote
KB7VML
24/04/2017 5:58 pm  

Enio,

I believe I understand your question and think you may have the same error I had - a "bricked" Pro Micro.  When selecting the device in the Arduino IDE's device configuration, I failed to choose the correct 16MHz/5V device and instead left it as the default 8MHz/3.3V device.  The result was that the program initially appeared to load correctly, but then would not run.  

I continued to receive the USB Device Not Recognized error in Windows, despite every attempt at loading/reloading the drivers and removing/reinstalling the device.  

The fix was found here:  https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/pro-micro--fio-v3-hookup-guide/troubleshooting-and-faq#ts-revive

It is a bit tricky to complete, as you must reset the Arduino twice quickly (I used a small jumper wire) and then complete several tasks at the right time (you only have 8 seconds to perform the required tasks while the device is in the bootloader mode).  It took me several attempts to get the timing figured out and re-upload my sketch, but it DID work.

Anyway, if I have misunderstood your problem, I apologize... however, it does sound like the issue I was able to resolve with the above instructions.

ReplyQuote
EA2HW
27/04/2017 8:09 am  

Hi Paul!

Thank you very much. Yes, that is the problem, but when I selected the device in the Arduino IDE's, I chose "Spark Fun Pro Micro". Which is what I choose?,  because I not see any "micro 16Mhz/5V"

I will probe reset the board, but I m very disappointed with the proyect. I do not know if the analizer will run.

73, Enio, EA2HW

See you on the bands... 

ReplyQuote
EA2HW
28/04/2017 5:08 am  

Resolved! Thank you very much Paul. For the moment the Arduino pro micro board runs with the PC. Now I search the last firmware and the conection with the screen PC program.

73 Enio

ReplyQuote
KB7VML
23/05/2017 6:06 pm  

Enio,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue with the Arduino.

73!

Paul.

ReplyQuote
Dennis
13/07/2017 9:06 pm  

I also am having trouble. using Arduino  version 1.8.3

Error downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparkfun/Arduino_Boards/master/IDE_Board_Manager/package_sparkfun_index.json

This issue is bogging progress

ReplyQuote
Dennis
14/07/2017 8:01 am  

My computer identifies the Arduino as leonardo.

Thanks anyway

Dennis

ReplyQuote
kd4pbj
21/07/2017 2:27 am  

Hi Dennis,

Mine did too.

I've been working on trying to get these Arduinos programmed for several days. I've done everything I know how to do and at this point just want functional boards so I can continue with the projects. 

if anyone has had success with programming these and would be willing to program the three I got from Deal Extreme (one for LVD, one for Dummy Load and one for antenna analyzer) I'll gladly cover postage and a little for your time.

Thank you.

Chris

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register