Forum

Completed my build and tweaked the firmware a bit  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

BATMan_Phln
02/02/2017 8:26 pm  

Is the link at the top of this thread the latest build?  Antenna_Analyzer_Firmware_v1_mf02.ino_.zip?

I'm also having strange issues with the PC software.  The results aren't even close to the AA readout.

Edited: 5 months  ago

ReplyQuote
BATMan_Phln
02/02/2017 8:26 pm  

PC software's results.

ReplyQuote
K3MRK
02/02/2017 10:23 pm  

I completed building the AA board. I finally got the original firmware to upload. It seems that no matter which band I sweep, the 1:1 frequency is the highest freq in the band. For instance if I dont select a band and let it sweep 1-30mhz, I get 29971000, 1.00:1

If I select 80m, which takes 10-20 seconds for the band to switch, I get a lower freq above the 80m band. I cant tell you what that is right now, because I cant get any firmware to upload without multiple errors.

no matter what I try to upload I get this:

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 10), Board: "SparkFun Pro Micro, ATmega32U4 (5V, 16 MHz)"

C:\Users\MARKW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled1472180809.tmp\sketch_feb02b\aa_firmware_v1.ino.ino: In function 'void setup()':

aa_firmware_v1.ino:31: error: redefinition of 'void setup()'

void setup() {

^

C:\Users\MARKW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled1472180809.tmp\sketch_feb02b\sketch_feb02b.ino:1:6: note: 'void setup()' previously defined here

void setup() {

^

C:\Users\MARKW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled1472180809.tmp\sketch_feb02b\aa_firmware_v1.ino.ino: In function 'void loop()':

aa_firmware_v1.ino:62: error: redefinition of 'void loop()'

void loop() {

^

C:\Users\MARKW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled1472180809.tmp\sketch_feb02b\sketch_feb02b.ino:6:6: note: 'void loop()' previously defined here

void loop() {

^

exit status 1
redefinition of 'void setup()'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I know NOTHING about coding or arduinos. I've been trying to learn, but usually have to walk away because nothing ever goes like it's supposed to. Now I am confused as to why I was able to load this exact same firmware file an hour ago without errors.

Considering I have 3 other nonfunctioning arduino projects sitting here, this is the furthest I've ever gotten with one.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark

K3MRK

ReplyQuote
Chris Horner
03/02/2017 1:52 am  

Did you cut-n-paste the AA code into the Arduino IDE? The reason I ask is that the errors you post hint at having perhaps pasted the entire sketch's code more than one time. Specifically, the error: redefinition of 'void setup() and  error: redefinition of 'void loop() warn you that you are trying to "define" something that cannot ever be "defined" or defined a second time. In every Arduino sketch there are two functions that 1) must exist, and 2) cannot be redefined (as other "things" can be). They are the void setup() function which runs only one time when the Arduino is turned on and void loop()  which does what its name implies endlessly.

I you're loading up the IDE by pasting, I'd suggest deleting the contents of the sketch in the IDE and then carefully paste the code back in, preferably copied from the actual HR360 Code Repository.

Let us know what happens next...

r/

Chris

ReplyQuote
K3MRK
10/02/2017 9:44 pm  

I was able to get the code you suggested to load without a problem. I think the problem was with a sketch that someone posted above.

The 2 issues I am having are:

1. switching bands takes about 10 sec. Maybe thats normal.

2. no matter what band i sweep, it always comes back that the antenna is 1:1 at the highest freq of the band. I am using my Zep. I tune the antenna to a 1:1 match at 7100. Then connect to the analyzer. Run a sweep and it comes back at 7998 then sweeps and comes back 8000, then 7996 and so on. Regardless of the band it seems to find 1:1 at the highest freq within that band's definition. I though maybe I had a bad RF path. I disconnected the antenna. Then the numbers are all over the place, so apparently it see the antenna. I'm assuming this is probably a hardware issue. I've checked everything over visually and it all looks good. I was hoping someone else may have had this issue.

Mark K3MRK

ReplyQuote
KJ6WEX
20/02/2017 4:14 pm  

I've posted an updated version of this firmware here:

http://hamradio360.com/community/build-discussion/i-updated-my-firmware-kj6wex/#post-274

-Marc/KJ6WEX

ReplyQuote
K3MRK
22/02/2017 10:05 pm  

I'll give that a try. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register