Forum

Blocks on LCD  

RSS

John McGrath
26/03/2017 10:12 am  

I stepped away from the project for a while after getting the Arduino to work.

Just powered it back up, and all its showing is blocks on the LCD.  

I have another Arduino that I can try, but I am loath to replace it if it is not broken.

Thoughts?

ReplyQuote
Len_GM0ONX
07/04/2017 6:03 pm  

Have you tried it with the PC interface? If it works with that it is more likely to be the display.

ReplyQuote
KB5EZ
08/04/2017 3:32 pm  

John,

I posted this comment elsewhere on the forum a few weeks ago. It might help.  My display was bright blocks until I replaced the fixed resistors with the pot that came with my display.  

My other issue was related to the LCD.  After waiting exactly 1 month to get the DealsExtreme delivery from China for the LCD, Arduino, and DDS, I found the LCD had a serial board soldered to all the pin pads.  Rather than try to desolder it, I ordered one without the board via Amazon Prime and had it in 2 days.  It cost $5.99 rather than $2.39 but was worth it.  When I installed and fired it up the display had nothing but bright blocks. I hooked it to an o'scope and made sure the Arduino was talking.  I then  desoldered the fixed resistors (a little more trouble since they are under the LCD board) and installed the multi-turn 10K pot that came with the LCD. After a few turns of the pot, the display became readable.  The LCD literature said it uses LED rather than electroluminescent illumination which may have caused the problem.  

Rob

KB5EZ

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register